So many Christian's face the times when the fire in our hearts begins to die down and the overwhelming feelings of emptiness and sadness begins to grow. We begin to drown in the mundane. As a wife and a mother, I often struggle with this. I am constantly trying to keep up with the cooking, cleaning, diaper changing, laundry, and the budget. It feels like a never ending cycle of stress and constant disappointment. The days melt together and the hours pass by slowly. I begin to feel robotic and even though there are no major things I am completing I am constantly and completely emotionally and physically drained. So often we can get distracted by everyday things such as work, family, and financial stressors. We lose a piece of the fire we once had that burned so bright for God and we sacrifice our time with God but save time for mind numbing activities, such as watching junk on television. I remember being first saved. I remember the feeling of being unstoppable with God on ...
I agree with everything you said. I LOVE putting music on that reflects my mood, and I love candles, too!!! Cleaning, I always put on my fast pace music. I find it more fun to clean to a fast beat. Dancing around like a fool is fun too! haha.
ReplyDeleteI actually leaned some of the dances to the fresh beat band, and when the show comes on, I show my son that mommy can do the dance too! Its fun for me, and he gets a kick out of it!
I like to get out of the house. Even if its for a drive. I will get in the car and go drive around and I always feel better when I come back. Refreshed, because like you said, a change of scenery is good (and healthy).
keep vloging Faith, you're so good at it!!! xoxo